Sunday, May 5, 2024

Gary Numan - Dead Sun Rising

This is as early as it gets when it comes to rock music. This is the foundation that built rock music to what it is today. This just makes me think about what rock music was in the 50's and what it is today. Everything we listen to in terms of rock we owe to 50's rock 'n roll. There are more artists, but I thought Buddy Holly and Elvis Presley both did great justice to this form of rock. There was no such thing as rock or rock 'n roll before these people. They really put it on the map.

I'm not going to lie, even though this music had a great impact on rock music for the future generations, it is not my favorite rock. I'm not disrespecting it, I'm just saying that it doesn't do it for me. When I listen to rock music, I need a certain intensity and energy that 50's rock 'n roll just doesn't deliver to my ears. This music was huge in the 50's. In fact, I believe that rock 'n roll was more popular to it's 50's audience than rock music to today's audience.


Gary Numan - Dead Sun Rising
  • Released on: Oct 17, 2011
  • Genre: Electronic, Rock
  • Composed by: Ade Fenton and Gary Numan

"Numan, whose signature sound consists of heavy synthesizer hooks fed through guitar effects pedals, is considered a pioneer of commercial electronic music. He is known for his sense of alien coldness and embrace of avant-garde influences."

See previous Song of the Day 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home